ATTENTION ALL EMERGENCY RESPONDERS!
The Vocational Education & Extension Board of Nassau County (VEEB) invites you to attend the 4th Annual Autism Awareness Training.
Monday, May 6, 2019, 7:00 PM
Morrelly Center At The Nassau OEM Complex
510 Grumman Rd. W, Bethpage, NY, 11714
This is an excellent opportunity for all emergency responders to learn the following:
- Education on what Autism is, and how people are affected by it
- Different levels of Autism, and how to deal with it
- Tools to help ID people with Autism and sensory problems
- Calming techniques when necessary restraints are required
- Important tips on where to look for a lost autistic child when reported missing
…and much, much more!
This event is approved for 3 Emergency Medical Services, Continuing Medical Education (EMS, CME) credits by the Nassau Regional EMS Council (REMSCo)
Seating is limited to 175 people each session. You MUST call to reserve a seat!
Please Call Nassau EMS Academy if you any questions.